- September 5, 2019
- Posted by: Editor
- Category: Giving Back
As a company, DB&A believes in making a positive impact, not just for the businesses we work with, but within the community as a whole. We support the impact our employees make in their communities.
Tony K., Client Services Coordinator
- Tango Tab
- Tango Tab is a socially-conscious marketplace that connects diners with restaurants’ empty seats. We create dual benefits of improving restaurant performance and solving hunger.
Shay S., Business Development Associate
- Youth First
- Youth First is one of the only LGBTQ-focused programs in North Texas that addresses the challenges LGBTQ teens face at home, school and in the community. Youth First serves LGBTQ and Allied youth, ages 12-18 and equips them with the tools and resources they need to live an authentic life through year-round, free programming that decreases high-risk behaviors, reduces social isolation, and increases self-esteem. LGBTQ focused mental health and substance abuse for youth. Behavioral Health counseling services are available for teens in either individual, group or family settings.
Will R., Management Consultant
- Blankets Across Atlanta
- Will started this organization in 2015. They collect donations and distribute among Atlanta’s homeless population as the winter months start to set in. We don’t just do blankets we do coats, gloves, winter hats, and non-perishables.
James K., Management Consultant
- Knights of Columbus
- The Knights was formed to render financial aid to members and their families. Mutual aid and assistance are offered to sick, disabled and needy members and their families. Social and intellectual fellowship is promoted among members and their families through educational, charitable, religious, social welfare, war relief and public relief works.
- I have been a member for 5 years and volunteer usually with my three boys during our monthly Adopt a Highway, placing flags at Memorial Day, yard clean up for the elderly or handicap and assisting in the kitchen for Italian Dinners and Valentines Day Dance. At one point I had fun being the Family Director for the local chapter, organizing cook outs and field day activities with additional members assisting. Below is a picture of some Memorial Day cemetery pick up and flag placement volunteers including myself with my 3 sons.
Veronica W., Business Development Associate
- Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas
- Volunteer on the 24 hour crisis line
- A non-profit organization focused on suicide awareness, prevention, and education.
Ted N., Project Manager
- Brighton Center in Newport, KY
- Board member
- Their mission is to develop new housing for low income families whom they also work within terms of teaching and developing life skills. They work with not only impoverished people but victims of abuse and other situations to educate them and help them develop skills needed to get better jobs and live independently.
Jerry W., Business Development Associate
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Inc.
- Dallas Program Leader
- Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing, Inc. is dedicated to the physical and emotional rehabilitation of disabled active military service personnel and disabled veterans through fly fishing and associated activities including education and outings.
Lenier J., Management Consultant
- Diamond Youth Foundation
- Former Executive Vice President
- To increase student awareness of potential career choices through exposure to a variety of disciplines, role models and mentoring. The Foundation also provides scholarship assistance and direction to high achieving students pursuing a baccalaureate degree from accredited institutions. The Foundation generates revenue to support these mentoring and scholarship programs.
Justin P., Vice President of Sales
- Texas Titans Professional Ice Hockey Team
- Professional hockey team in the BDHL and MWHL that donates its proceeds to local Texas Police/ firefighters/ military charities. Hosts multiple charity games in the DFW area.
Salima J., Senior Consultant
- National Young Farmers Coalition
- Board Member of the National Young Farmers Coalition and Chair of the Planning Committee
- The National Young Farmers Coalition is a national advocacy network of young farmers fighting for the future of agriculture. We change policy, build networks, and provide business services to ensure all young farmers have the chance to succeed. NYFC campaigns mobilize farmers and consumers from across the nation for change.
- Mission: The National Young Farmers Coalition represents, mobilizes, and engages young farmers to ensure their success.
- Vision: We envision a country where young people who are willing to work, get trained, and take a little risk can support themselves and their families in farming.